Trying to navigate through the legal system can be intimidating, to say the least. Representing yourself can prove to be very unwise and can lead to a bad outcome with long-term, far-reaching effects. Former President Abraham Lincoln once said, "He who represents himself has a fool for a client." Being represented by an uncaring or an non aggressive lawyer can be almost as bad.
As an experienced and determined Brazos Valley attorney, Rick Davis will confidently navigate you through the stormy waters of the legal system. His Texas law firm has helped numerous clients in Bryan and College Station, and throughout the Brazos Valley to achieve favorable outcomes.Areas of Practice
Rick Davis' work and experience as both a practicing attorney and a former judge have given him extensive knowledge and insight into criminal law, family law and civil law. They have also enabled him to handle a variety of legal needs, including:
- Criminal Law: If you or a loved one are facing charges of DWI/DUI, Drug Charges, Assault, Theft, Possession of Marijuana (POM), Possession of a Controlled Substance (POCS), Murder, White Collar Crimes or any other major crimes, it is common to feel frightened and angry. You can count on Rick Davis to ease your fears and provide you with a tenacious and effective defense. Rick will take the time to make sure you understand all your legal options in order for you to decide what is best for you and your future. Whether it is by aggressively representing you at a jury trial, pursuing a dismissal or negotiating the most favorable plea arrangement possible, you will know that that you are represented by an attorney determined to protect your constitutional rights and to ensure that you are being treated fairly. He also handles Expunctions, Petitions for Nondisclosure and Petitions for Occupational Drivers Licenses.
- Juvenile Law: Many children make poor decisions before they fully understand the impact those decisions could have on the rest of their lives. Rick cares about not only the legal issues at hand, but the underlying challenges that the child may be facing which resulted in the charges that were filed. He handles a variety of cases as part of his juvenile criminal defense practice, including drug possession and underage drinking. Rick Davis strives to help parents and children resolve their cases as fairly, as efficiently and as effectively as possible in order to protect the juveniles’ futures.
- Family Law: Rick helps people in a wide range of family law disputes, including Divorce, Child Support cases, Child Custody cases, Spousal Support cases, Child Protective Services (CPS) cases, Paternity cases, Adoptions, Grandparent Visitation cases and more. Rick Davis and his Paralegals communicate with clients regularly throughout the process in order to assure that they fully understand what is happening every step of the way. He respects and is honored that clients trust him to represent them during what may be the most difficult time in their lives.
- Civil Litigation: Rick has broad experience in civil litigation, including business litigation, contract disputes, general business disputes, partnership and corporate dissolution and civil appeals. When possible, he tries to help clients resolve their legal matters through settlement in order to save them time and money, but with Rick's knowledge and experience, he knows that is not always possible and at times a civil lawsuit requires aggressive litigation. During his time as a Judge, he presided over multimillion-dollar oil and gas disputes, medical malpractice cases and complex business disputes. Rick can bring this experience to bear if you find yourself in a civil lawsuit, or need to file one.
- Personal Injury: Rick Davis represents people who have been hurt or injured in car and truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, work-related or construction site accidents and those who have wrongful death claims because of the loss of a loved one due to someone else's negligence. You should not suffer more than you already have due to another person’s negligence. He will pursue compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, physical pain, mental anguish and other damages. Let Rick Davis fight for you while you try to get your life back to normal.
- Student Conduct Proceedings: If you are facing a Student Conduct hearing at Texas A&M University, Rick Davis has the knowledge and skill to help you navigate the complex and confusing world of University disciplinary proceedings. He has been involved in such cases for more than 20 years. An adverse decision in a Student Conduct hearing can have long term ramifications. Texas A&M University may issue sanctions against you that appear on your permanent school transcripts, that may affect your ability to gain admission to graduate programs, that may affect your ability to transfer schools or affect your ability to get a job. These hearings become more difficult if you are also facing related criminal charges. If you are a Texas A&M or Blinn College student facing a Student Conduct hearing, call (979) 779-4357 to schedule a consultation today.
- Expunctions and Non-Disclosures: When you are charged with a crime, you learn first-hand how damaging a criminal record can be. A criminal history can affect your future career, your family life, your reputation, and other important aspects of your life. If you have been charged with a crime in Texas, it may be possible to seal your criminal record from public view. Rick Davis has the legal knowledge to help you determine if an Expunction or Petition for Non-Disclosure is a viable option for you. If you want to discuss deleting or sealing a criminal record, contact Rick Davis at (979) 779-4357 today.
Rick Davis will protect your rights and fight for your future! His 25+ years in the legal field, as both a practicing attorney and Judge make him extremely qualified and competent to handle any case that comes his way. Contact Rick Davis & Associates Attorneys at Law, or call (979) 779-4357 (make clickable) to schedule a free initial consultation today.