Trying to navigate through the legal system can be intimidating, to say the least. Representing yourself can prove to be very unwise and can lead to a bad outcome with long-term, far-reaching effects. Former President Abraham Lincoln once said, "He who represents himself has a fool for a client." Being represented by an uncaring or an non aggressive lawyer can be almost as bad.
As an experienced and determined Brazos Valley attorney, Rick Davis will confidently navigate you through the stormy waters of the legal system. His Texas law firm has helped numerous clients in Bryan and College Station, and throughout the Brazos Valley to achieve favorable outcomes.Areas of Practice
Rick Davis' work and experience as both a practicing attorney and a former judge have given him extensive knowledge and insight into criminal law, family law and civil law. They have also enabled him to handle a variety of legal needs, including:
- Criminal law: If you or a loved one is facing charges of DWI/DUI, Drug Charges, Assault, Theft, Possession of Marijuana (POM), Possession of a Controlled Substance (POCS), Murder, White Collar Crimes or any other major crime, you can count on Rick Davis for a tenacious and effective defense. He also handles issues related to expunction and nondisclosure orders and driver's license suspensions.
- Juvenile crimes: Rick strives to help parents and children resolve their cases as efficiently and effectively as possible in order to protect their futures. He handles many different cases as part of his juvenile criminal defense practice, including minor in possession and underage drinking.
- Family law: Rick helps people in a wide range of family law disputes, including Divorce, Child Support, Child Custody, Spousal Support, Child Protective Services (CPS) cases, Paternity, Adoptions, Grandparent Visitation and more.
- Civil litigation: Rick has broad experience in civil litigation, including business litigation, contract disputes, general business disputes, partnership and corporate dissolution and appeals. As a judge, he presided over multimillion-dollar oil and gas disputes, medical malpractice cases and complex business disputes. Rick can bring this experience to bear if you find yourself in civil litigation.
- Personal injury: Rick handles cases involving car and truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, work-related or construction site accidents and wrongful death claims. He will pursue compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and other damages.
Contact Rick Davis & Associates Attorneys at Law, or call 979-779-4357 to schedule a free initial consultation today.